We accept documents that are indicative of an ongoing relationship between the sender of the correspondence and the customer (for example, recurring monthly invoices). However, whether a document is acceptable under these criteria will be handled on a case-by-case basis by the agent performing verification.
Commonly Accepted Documents
Here are some examples of commonly accepted proof of residency documents.
- Utility bill
- Landline phone bill
- Internet bill
- Bank statement
- Credit card statement
- Insurance statement
- Official letter from local municipality, state government, or national government agency
To be accepted, the document must be a legal and traceable document printed in machine-readable latin characters. The document must also contain the following information:
- Your full name
- Your current residential address*
- A date stamp less than 3 months old
*Note: PO Box addresses will not be accepted as they are not indicative of residency.
Why was my document rejected?
Common reasons for rejection include the following:
- The document does not have a date stamp.
- The document is dated but is older than 3 months.
- The document is not a supported type.
- The document does not contain the official logo of the company or authority that purportedly issued it.